Sunday, December 21, 2008

Do Androids Dream of Electric Heat?


I'm no stranger to winter. I love to regale hapless strangers with tales of my adventures in Alaska. Like how my hair would freeze when I walked from swim class to the school bus, or how it was the only time of year when the outhouse didn't stink, or how difficult it was to get around in Vans on black ice. But I guess I'm getting old, because I'm cold, man.

That's not to say it hasn't had its moments. D and I built this little monument to the approaching solstice:



So have a happy Solstice/Yule/Hanukkah/whatever!

5 comments:

  1. It is being terribly winter-wonder(out)landish, isn't it?

    Now I have to go watch Blade Runner, of course.

    Hey, did you get your gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, but we didn't get any mail today. Not sure if that's because of the weather or because they just haven't arrived yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fake tree! My own fake tree is made out of metal and plastic. It doesn't melt in my living room, but I still like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely perfect tree. brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was colder that a witch's....well never mind. It was cold. The digital mercury at the BowlingJoe/BowlingWidow house clocked in at 5.2 degrees. But you'll have to take my word since I wasn't smart enough to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete