Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hello, my name is IMLOT...and I'm a Spinaholic


I promised, this spinning thing has become a problem. I'm spending unreasonable amounts of time working a giant buttload of alpaca fiber a most wonderful and generous spinner (now fellow spinner, I guess) gave me--thanks Donna! As I can't afford proper carders (much less what I could really use, a drum carder), I'm left to card with slicker brushes made for dogs. They actually work really well. I guess if it's good enough for beloved pets, it's good enough for me.

It's taken a bit of time (and many a tangled up wad of fiber), but I'm finally getting an almost-handle on basic spinning. It's still really difficult to get the feed, tension, and twist right, but I'm definitely improving.

And in economic downturn news, I got a goose down pillow for five bucks today at Linens & Things. We vultures are indeed an opportunistic lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment