Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's My Lucky Day!

My very first blog post of the new year, and we're only a month and a half in. So much has happened. Obama was elected in a perfect storm of Republican idiocy and unexpected public idealism. The economy has slipped even further down the pooper (it's down near the s-trap, I think, as I can't seem to reach it with a bent wire hanger). And I've made a bunch of stuff to take my mind off it all. Here's one:



These are sock blanks. I knitted up identically-sized rectangles of Patons Kroy superwash sock yarn, then laid them next to each other and dyed them stripe-ily. I now have two (more or less) identical balls of yarn with which to make two at-least-relatively-similar socks.

In other news, yesterday (Saturday the 14th) was Valentine's Day. We don't treat it as a holiday at my house, but on Friday I couldn't resist making the gals at my grocery store smile by having them customize this:



So Happy Friday the 13th to you all! Here's hoping next month's will be even better!

2 comments:

  1. Two in a row! Will there be another new Friday the 13th movie coming out next month too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Friday the 13th heart cake just made my heart melt.

    No....really. It made my heart MELT. I think you're on to something.

    BowlingJoe

    ReplyDelete